The Friends of Kenwood helped to buy this original Robert Adam window seat. It was discovered in New York
Boulle clock restored with the help of The Friends of Kenwood
The day to day running of the Friends of Kenwood is carried out by the Friends’ Council, a committee of approximately ten people. Council members can be nominated by any committee member and if the nomination is supported, and there is a vacancy, they may be invited to join. There is an Annual General Meeting every year, usually in April, to which all Friends are welcome, and at which the committee is formally elected.
Committee roles are:
- Chairman (Christine Mathez-Davey) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chairman, Newsletter, Website designer (Gill Hopkins)
- Secretary (Christine Morgan)
- Membership Secretary, Representative on Landscape Forum & Hampstead Heath Consultative Committee (Helen Payne) email@example.com
- Treasurer (Ken Solomons)
- Editor (Gill Hopkins)
- Events Co-ordinator (Angela Cox) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special events (Lesley Barnes)
- Lecture Co-ordinators (Richard Ormond CBE/Angela Cox)
Corporate Benefactors Co-ordinator (Sally Doganis) email@example.com
- Elizabeth Inglis (Corporate Benefactor Support) firstname.lastname@example.org
What we do
The committee meets approximately every three months. Taking account of its members’ wishes, we discuss various issues, decide on matters such as the content of the newsletter and future events, hear progress reports from members of the English Heritage management team at Kenwood, and review the Friend’s membership and financial situation, etc. We also look at the long term objectives of the Friends and set overall policy for its future direction.
You can download a copy of our revised constitution which was approved at our Annual General Meeting on 15 April 2012.